Prof. Dr. Peykan TURKCUOGLU was born in Trabzon in 1974. After completing his medical education at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1999, he started her specialization in ophthalmology at Hacettepe University in the same year. In 2003, he completed his residency in ophthalmology with the thesis-The Role of Serum Endothelin-1 Level and Life Stress Factors in the Pathogenesis of Central Serous Chorioretinopathy". After completing his military service at Sivas Military Hospital between 2004-2005, he worked as Assistant Professor at Department of Ophthalmology, Fırat University. He worked in the field of medical retina and vitreo-retinal surgery between the years 2005-2010. He improved his experience on pediatric eye diseases and strabismus in the Medical Faculty of Inonu University, between 2007-2010. He worked in United States, Johns Hopkins University, Wilmer Eye Institute about uveitis (Intraocular Inflammation), medical retina and vitreo-retinal surgery subspecialities. He got the Professor degree in 2015. There are 41 publications in the international literature and 17 in the national literature.
Medical Interests and Specialty Areas
* Vitreoretinal surgery, eye traumas
* Retinal detachment
* Cataract And Recuperative Surgery
* Medical Retina (Diabetes Diseases and Macular Diseases)
* Strabismus and Pediatric Eye Diseases
* Glaucoma (Eye Tension)
* Uveitis and Uvea Diseases
* Corneal Transplantation
* Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine Dr. M. Şeref Zileli Award - Successful Student of the Year (1997).
* Residency Entrance Examination (TUS) in the Turkey, Championship Clinical and Basic Science (TUS exam September 1999).
* Archives of Ophthalmology, published worldwide, is the first diagnosis in difficult cases, December, 2007.
* International Council of Ophthalmology, Certificate of Qualification, 2005, 2006.
* European Ophthalmolgy Board Equivalency Exam, Certificate of Achievement, 2009.