It is fuzzy or intense regions that occur in the cataract eye lens called PERDE or AKSU in the language of the eye. Since the rays are blocked, vision can be impaired.
Causes of cataract formation?
When the cataract occurs, the chemical composition of the lens changes. However, the causes of this chemical change are not yet known exactly. cataracts may occur with the hereditary cataracts as well as cataracts may occur in the first years of life.
It is characterized by a blur of the lens, which is naturally contained within your eyes (like the lens inside the camera).
Why is cataract surgery?
Because it does not drop a cataract nor can it treat any other medicine. There is no treatment other than surgery.
Operation; Under a microscope, the operating room is performed in a germ-free environment.
• Hospital stay: For patients undergoing local anesthesia, bed rest for a few hours is sufficient.
• Anesthesia: local drops or drugs are immobilized with a needle and the sensation of pain is thus eliminated.
• Cataract removal: The ultrasound (FAKO) according to the degree of maturity of cataracts can be performed seamlessly or stitched in conventional manner.
• Artificial intraocular lens (intraocular lens): An artificial intraocular lens is replaced by cataract.
• Thickness: 2.8 mm. Seamless or classical method of stitched.
• Difficulties during operation and possible unexpected situations: Rare and unpredictable. In 1% of cases, posterior capsule may be torn, bleeding may occur, and in rare cases, loss of vision may result.
• In most cases (95%), cataract surgery is painless. The vision recovers very quickly and after a few weeks the best vision glasses can be written. Other eye diseases may affect vision.
• Drop and ointment is applied for one month after surgery. It is not appropriate to work hard in this period.
• 10% of cases may be a secondary flare after a few years: this can be eliminated by a YAG laser called a secondary cataract.
Complications of cataract surgery.
Even with very good results, the risk-free operation is not valid. No one can guarantee that the surgery will be 100% successful
• Very serious complications of the operation are rare. In some cases, a second operation may be required. It may even result in loss of vision:
• Phaco method
The current used for today and the results are the most successful method. The biggest advantage is that it can be applied in a very short time and it can be worked without making a large incision to the eye. Postoperative visual acuity is recovered very quickly and the operation is performed seamlessly using special lenses. In a very short period of time, the patient can only go home with anesthetized drops and go back to his daily life within a few days. Instead of the lens which is taken as a standard, the lens that provides the distant vision is attached.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE OPERATION
• You can eat before the surgery, but not very heavy.
• Drugs used for systemic diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure, asthma should be continued on the day of surgery.
• The day of surgery should be avoided without make-up, and deodorant and perfume should be avoided.
• Special surgical clothing to be given to you in terms of sterility will be worn during surgery.
• During surgery, you should not keep your head or eyes short for a short time.
• You can go home shortly after the surgery.
• Your doctor will call you back in the first 36 hours.
WHAT SHOULD BE KNOWN AFTER THE OPERATION
• Do not in any way rub your operated eye, avoid pressure-exerting movements.
• Do not lie on the side of your operative eye.
• Avoid severe bodily movements.
• Avoid contact with water and soap for the first week.
• Consult your doctor when you can take swimming, diving and other water sports.
• Most importantly, use the medication recommended by your doctor after the surgery and be sure to
SURGERY AND IMPROVEMENT PERIOD
Cataract surgery is completed in about 15-20 minutes after numbing and raising the pupil. After surgery
Kolejtepe Mahallesi İnönü Caddesi No: 6 Şahinbey / Gaziantep
Private Göznuru Göz Hastanesi, which was established with the aim of creating a new hospital understanding in Gaziantep in order to provide modern, quality health care services, more and more people are introducing themselves every day and new qualifications are added every day.Read More